HSBC Holdings plc, – one of the largest financial conglomerates in the world. In the ranking of the largest public companies in the world Forbes Global 2000, it took 15th place in 2015, and in the list of most valuable brands – 36th place. Headquartered in London.
HSBC Activities conducted in five regions: Europe, Asia (until 2014, the region was divided into Hong Kong and the rest of Asia), Middle East and North Africa (the MENA), North America and South America (in all 6100 offices in 72 countries and territories) . The Bank carries out all areas of banking activities, including asset management, settlement operations, project financing, issuance of banknotes, etc.
Major global division HSBC Holdings plc:
- Retail Banking and Wealth Management (retail banking and asset management) – Service companies and private individuals (about 50 million consumers); It includes reception for storage of deposits, loans, financial advice, investment services and insurance. Assets – 499 billion Customer deposits – 581 billion.
- Commercial Banking (commercial banking) – service companies, ranging from small private companies and ending with the transnational corporations. Assets – 373 billion Customer deposits – 364 billion.
- Global Banking and Markets (Global Banking and Markets) – the management of large financial flows for government, corporate and institutional clients. Assets – 1 840 billion, customer accounts – 319 billion.
- Global Private Banking (global private banking) – servicing affluent clients and their families (storage deposits, credit card services, investment services). Assets – 88 billion, customer accounts – 85 billion.
- In 2010, the list of the 50 most reliable banks in the world, published by the magazine Global Finance, placed the bank on 19 deposits the highest among British banks.
The American branch, HSBC Bank USA, is one of the five banks involved in the gold fixing, along with the Bank of Nova Scotia, Barclays Bank, Deutsche Bank and Société Générale.